View Single Post
Old 2018-03-12, 14:02   #1
ckdo

Dec 2007
Cleves, Germany

2×5×53 Posts
Default Upgrading a cat. 0 box

I have parts in the mail to upgrade one of my PrimeNet boxes. In PrimeNet's eyes, I will be retiring a box and introducing a new one.

While I have done so numerous times before, this will be the first time under the "new assignment rules", so I thought I'd rather be safe than sorry.

At the time of the upgrade, the box will be processing four cat-0 DCs with up to four more assigned, but unstarted thus far.

Questions:

- Will the "new" box be able to finish the "old" boxes' assignments (started and/or unstarted)?

- Should I start the unstarted assignments while they are still on the "old" box in order to prevent auto-de-reservation while the "new" boxes' speed hasn't settled?

- Is it necessary (or recommended) to get the new box established with PrimeNet (i.e. achieve "trusted client version" status) before copying the assignments over?

- Is there any other trickery necessary/recommended? (I do not want to take the FixedHardwareUID route this time.)

I am aware that the "new" box will probably no longer receive cat-0 / cat-1 assignments for a while. That's fine with me. My concern is solely with losing work and/or assignments...

P.S.: I have a second cat-0 box running that could finish the assignments, but that one would get close to the deadline. I'd really prefer to finish the assignments on my "new" box.
ckdo is offline   Reply With Quote