Old 2018-12-28, 00:19   #2
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

20C016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetpool View Post
In this post here, I asked for the conditional probability for an integer N being prime given that all prime q dividing n are congruent to 1 modulo 2*p (for some prime p). As a result, I also got the answer of how many integers N not exceeding x can be written as a product of primes only congruent to 1 modulo 2*p. This is asymptotically D(x) = c*x*(log(x))^(1/(p-1) - 1) for some constant c, which seems to be decreasing significantly as p increases.

How many integers N not exceeding x can

(I) be written as a product of primes only congruent to 1 modulo 2*p
and

(II) in addition to (I), N can be expressed as the norm for some integral element f in the ring of integers in K=Q(zeta(p)) where K is the field of p-th roots of unity (the p-th cyclotomic field) ?

The condition for (II) can be restated as there is at least one ideal of norm N that is principal in K.

I am hoping for a precise answer (as in my last thread) in an attempt to solve another problem related to this. Again, any information is helpful, and thanks for help.
(2kp+1)(2jp+1)=4jkp^2+2(k+j)p+1 = 2(2jkp+k+j)p+1 so as many as the natural numbers up to X/(2p) of form 2jkp+k+j for some natural numbers k and j.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2018-12-28 at 00:20
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote