View Single Post
Old 2017-06-29, 19:34   #24
manasi

Jun 2017

D16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
That's precisely why I suggested GMP. Instead of writing [c]a = a + b*c[c], which is limited by the machine word size as you say, but with GMP you write, in C or any other language GMP supports, you write mpz_addmul(a, b, c) which works for numbers a, b, c of arbitrary size, hundreds of digits, thousands of digits, etc.

Frankly, the things you say seem to indicate you know very little about how computers actually work, and your talk about "endomorphisms" is equally meaningless from a mathematical perspective. You have no idea what you're doing, which is why you got such a snarky response to your initial post.
Well, I know less about - GMP if you mean to say GMP has no restriction on space. I have been talking about working with very large numbers. I do know that decimal numbers are stored in binary or any data for that matter.

But what is the problem with f: [Z][/2] -> [Z][/2].
Well, I have been using homomorphisms(under * or +) on binary numbers. What is the problem with math? It is clear and very simple, is it not? Besides, this is an Algebra thread.

Last fiddled with by manasi on 2017-06-29 at 19:45
manasi is offline   Reply With Quote