Old 2019-11-21, 19:35   #15
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
Rep├║blica de California

22·3·5·193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Sorry, can't help you with that, since I don't own any avx512-capable hardware yet, unless I occasionally get access to one via Colab.

But.
https://www.mersenneforum.org/mayer/README.html#news
says

Recent News: v19 released
but contains no contents or links relevant to V19.
Don't tease us like that!
Ha - one of my early v19-oriented edits in my local version of the README.html sneaked into an edit I uploaded with material on the Android-phone battery-blowup problems I had. The actual section pointed to by that 'v19' link still says v18, so will leave as is, since it's not like I have millions of confused users burning up the interwebs due to the typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
Could Amazon's cloud cpus be an option?
Fellow forumite Laurent Desnogues has access to an avx-512 machine via work and has kindly been helping out. Alas, no remote access, so the debug is proceeding slowly. But I still have at least a week of further shakedown testing on the ARM, sse2 and avx2 builds of the current v19 code I need to do, as well as lots of edits needed to the above-mentioned readme page, so no breakneck speed needed on the avx-512 front, since the debug issue Laurent's build turned up has been localized to a small section of new code, where I figured any such SIMD-version-related bugs would occur.
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote