Old 2019-11-04, 04:24   #3
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
1. Older-generation infiniband cards are not very expensive; if one were serious about tackling jobs too large for one's best machine, a pair of IB cards with a single cable should net good msieve-MPI results.

2. I think I have openMPI installed and configured on my Z620, but msieve-MPI (self-compiled) does not function. Might you email me your msieve-MPI linux binary?
1. I will have to check out the IB cards. I'm also revisiting the mpi aware bwc part of CADO-NFS, which I have experimented with already. I had some of the examples running, but not a real test case.

2. As to openmpi, if you're running Ubuntu 18.04, the repository openmpi is broken. It will not work if you try to use more than the localhost, which makes it rather useless. I've tried installing the latest version from the source site, but never got it to run, either. This is actually keeping me from upgrading all my 16.04 machines. I will try to search out the binaries and send them your way. I know there are three main files to install - openmpi-common, openmpi-bin and libopenmpi-dev. Give me a day or so. Locate and whereis didn't turn up anything.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote