Old 2017-07-22, 07:06   #1550
storm5510
Random Account

Aug 2009
U.S.A.

5×337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
Oh, I'm not picky about these. It is nice to see results from these lists within a few weeks (30-45 days I guess) but that's just me.

When I started the big project to independently verify all of the self-verified work, I frequently queued up 2+ months at a time... of course those were without any assignments but I didn't want too much queued up at once anyway.

I think as these strategic double-checks get harder to identify, it's probably just polite to not grab more than you could finish in a month or so, allowing others to partake in the fun.
I looked at the single exponent I took on mersenne.org. I was surprised when I saw that it had remained unverified since 2009. It's almost like this one has been passed over by the server for some reason. Others had factored it to 72 bits since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo
I think as these strategic double-checks get harder to identify, it's probably just polite to not grab more than you could finish in a month or so, allowing others to partake in the fun.
I know I can do 20 a month on this i7 rig, but I didn't want to be greedy either. I have four others in my queue, all assigned by the server. It would be difficult now to go back to your list and pick out a few more without stepping on another's toes. I should try to take one from the upper end just to see how it times out. M59522479 is unassigned. I'll see if I can grab that one.
Sucessfully registered http://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/59522479 with the server. Prime95 'estimates' four days to run. I don't think it will take that long. Note: I don't know how to make link appear as the exponent only.