Old 2020-06-28, 05:33   #938
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

35528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
If I read correctly, my O+ type is more resistant to Covid-19 than others. Not that I'm going to go out partying in packed, shouting-at-each-other venues. Not that I did, anyway, for decades. I make the supply runs. Dan sometimes is not outside for two or three days. He laments how out of shape he is. I could do us both good by pushing for walks.
I wouldn't give much merits to any correlations between the simplistic ABO-Grouping and Covid-19 resistance or lack thereof. It is now known that blood groups are much more varied and complex.
For example Bombay-A Blood type which is rare, most common among people from Indian decent and present in 1 in every quarter-of-a-million Caucasians. It registers as an O-Blood type in the standard tests but its possessors can father children with type AB, which was considered impossible before its discovery.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2180...ther%20tissues.

Additionally there are (I believe) 16 variances of the simplistic ABO grouping (aside from the RH grouping).

ETA I have seen anything from Pink-Eye to Smoking (as a protective factor) correlated to Covid-19. I think all this is an indication of poor state of "science" of medicine at the present time. If they/we could have a better grasp of this disease it would not have infected more than 1 out of every 1000 people across the world in a matter of months despite our best effort at preventing its spread.

Last fiddled with by a1call on 2020-06-28 at 06:30
a1call is offline   Reply With Quote