View Single Post
Old 2009-06-04, 16:31   #2
10metreh
 
10metreh's Avatar
 
Nov 2008

2×33×43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebley View Post
To test I wanted things outside the 'normal range':
I started with 1 google which immediately hits the most persistent "driver" of all and plummets to terminate in only 68 steps (does 2^0*1 meet the formal definition of a driver?) Its in the database now.
If 2 disappears, the sequence will probably terminate quickly.

Quote:
I then ran 1000152, the first sequence outside the 1-1000000 range that has potential. Much of it was already there, but I added to it up to 2196th iteration. At that point, ggnfs seems to run on it but it terminates and no factor seems to be found. Am I doing something wrong or have it set up wrong? I will paste the output below.

I put up to 2195 into the database if that helps.

<snip>
using previously found factor 29
c99: running 481 ecm curves at B1=1e6... <I canceled this step as it failed before>
What exactly happened? What was the failure?

Quote:
<snipped log>
WARNING: gnfs failed to find a factor. This really shouldn't happen.
I'll just run ecm till the end of time or a factor turns up...
Let's hope you don't run out of disk space before either of those.
^C^C running 0 auto-increasing ecm curves...
D:\aliquot\aliqueit107>
Quote:
My only snafu is that my version of perl (5.0) was too old. Might want to mention that it needs a more recent one than that.
Ah-ha! That's it. factMsieve.pl is known not to work with 5.2 and older. The newest version (5.10 I think) should be fine.

BTW, that poly does not seem too good. I have a C99 in progress with an e value of 4.15e-9. 3.52e-9 is probably quite a bit slower - have a go at setting use_msieve_polyfind = false in aliqueit.ini and see if you come out with something better.

Last fiddled with by 10metreh on 2009-06-04 at 16:34
10metreh is offline   Reply With Quote