View Single Post
Old 2020-02-28, 12:42   #431
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

26×11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm5510 View Post
I think it may simply be better to stay away from anything < 10,000.

It took me about ten minutes to write a short program to split sieves into work files of equal sizes for each machine. I was careful to make sure it did not skip anything in the source. It begins reading from the top and alternates writing each entry to one of two output files. The top line from the input is written first to both outputs since it contains needed information for LLR. The work load is very balanced as they both finish running LLR within a short period of time.

Nash tables: Using a looping batch process, I have generated a series of tables. It took some doing to get rid of all the extra spaces in each line. They are CSV format which can be imported into a spreadsheet to be sorted.
Note sure how far PG has sieved there. You care about this?

Myself i had reserved here k=32767

Will find a few more at later time. Much larger than this. Hopefully not too much time from now.

Yes i want search a couple of low weights at same time there, because for my gpgpu proggie i wrote half a dozen of them can be sieved at same time on the gpu. The small primes p smaller than 64 bits (63 bits in length and shorter - though for 64 bits i intend make a special kernel) get generated then fed to gpu where i wrote some code to sieve for Nvidia GPU's.

The slowest thing is the thing i didn't write - generating the small primes on the CPU. Though i did write a siever for cpu it's not ready production usage and it's single core and not using SSE2 (let alone AVX) versus what's there on the net is with SSE2 (SSSE on my oldie Xeons) and such great optimizations.

After that LLR.

Maybe i should revive my siever for cpu there and optimize it to feed faster small primes than a perfect siever there.
diep is offline   Reply With Quote