View Single Post
Old 2020-07-18, 23:54   #19
sweety439

Nov 2016

45138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I'm with Sweety on this one. (Surprise, surprise! ) You did not read his request carefully. Please reread it and consider a more nuanced response. His complaint is one that I had about srsieve when I was working on the same conjectures that he was about a year ago. They are some conjectures that are fairly interesting and have been previously worked on by several others long before him and me.

There is no reason for srsieve to immediately error out candidates that are divisible by 2 since it should automatically remove them anyway in the normal course of sieving. By automatically errorring them out such tests that he is referring to cannot be properly sieved.

It would be like having srsieve automatically erroring out candidates that are divisible by 3 before doing actual sieving on them. It is an uneccesary error check that prevents other kinds of sieving from being done.
Well, you said these conjectures would have to have multiple and separate sieves done (see your post https://mersenneforum.org/showpost.p...&postcount=243), however, you can we use srsieve to sieve the sequence k*b^n+-1 for primes p not dividing gcd(k+-1,b-1), and initialized the list
of candidates to not include n for which there is some prime p dividing gcd(k+-1,b-1) for which p dividing (k*b^n+-1)/gcd(k+-1,b-1) (like we can initialized the list
of candidates to not include n for which k*b^n+-1 has algebra factors, e.g. for square k's for k*b^n-1, we can remove all even n in the sieve file, and for cube k's for k*b^n-1 and k*b^n+1, we can remove all n divisible by 3 in the sieve file)

However, I only did the first step (sieve the sequence k*b^n+-1 for primes p not dividing gcd(k+-1,b-1)), like my sieve files for R36, SR46, and SR58, e.g. for R36 ((k*36^n-1)/gcd(k-1,36-1)) I sieved start with the prime 11, since we should not sieve the primes 5 and 7, I do not know how to remove the n's with a given property, I want to know how you remove the n for which k*b^n+-1 has algebra factors, e.g. remove all n divided by 4 from the sieve file of S230 k=4, I can also use this way to remove n for which there is some prime p dividing gcd(k+-1,b-1) for which p dividing (k*b^n+-1)/gcd(k+-1,b-1)

Last fiddled with by sweety439 on 2020-07-18 at 23:59
sweety439 is online now   Reply With Quote