View Single Post
Old 2008-12-15, 14:05   #7
Syd

Sep 2008
Krefeld, Germany

111001102 Posts

I'm finally done with it, it was a hell of work! A lot more than i thought it would be.
The first difficult part was the scanner/parser, it has to modify the expressions used and notice if they are actually the same, take care of operator priority and so on. There is still one bug in it, x^y^z is taken as (x^y)^z, not x^(y^z) and maybe some i didnt notice.

Next comes the tricky part: Special numbers can have factors that are special numbers, too. If a factor is submitted, all numbers above also have this factor, numers below it also may have this factor. I simplified this a little bit by using 3 tables:
factor <factorid, shortform, Maybe longform, digits, type enum(prime, prp, composite, unknown_too_big)>
hasfactor <factorid, factorid>
cofactor <factorid, factorid>

hasfactor contains all factors of a factor which are prime or where no factors are known, if a factor has been factorized, it moves to cofactor.
If a factor is submitted, it looks up recursively and adds the factor to every number found, modifies its type, next it goes down recursively and checks which numbers divide it.

http://factorization.ath.cx/search.php
If you give it a try, i'd be happy to read some comments
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote