View Single Post
Old 2018-07-24, 19:46   #4
jwaltos

Apr 2012
Gracie on alert.

34·5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
Why don't you start by defining what you mean by those two problems, since I don't find it clear at all. I'm interested in integer factorization, prime numbers, and quantum computation, and more informed than most on those subjects, but before we can talk about resolving questions we need to know what the questions are.
CR, you are very knowledgeable and I respect your statements most of the time.
The IFP is the IFP with no further clarity required. The prime number sequence refers to content rather than cause and the question is causation.

I too am more knowledgeable than most and I look to people like yourself within this forum to steer me in the right direction. Based on your response I have a question for you.
Looking at the content of this forum, aside from the non-mathematical portions, what questions need to be resolved to eliminate the "raison d'etre" for the forum? An analogy would be being hired for a job and doing it so well that you eliminate the need for your position as well as others. I see a great deal of work within the state-of-the-art but not much beyond it.

My latest posts may be considered something of a rant and stem from my own inability to distill much of the results presented within the forum into something that does not require a computer to process.

Last fiddled with by jwaltos on 2018-07-24 at 20:34
jwaltos is offline   Reply With Quote