henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

10110101111012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
My scripts from long ago have a fixed pattern, but I don't know where I got that pattern. I suppose to be most efficient I should make a specific pattern for each job. I have the easy capability to set the curves and values in the main script. I just don't know how to make up the table. Would entering a low value into the ecm-toy script tell me the best amounts for each in any rough manner? I don't have the true data for the ecm-toy gnfs table, but would that matter very much at the digit levels I can run?

Thanks Carlos, I can do this one, if everyone is patient enough to wait for my ancient hardware.-Ed

Overnight my machines finished 2000@110e6. They were supposed to start 2000@430e6, but my script had a bug that prevented the 430e6 runs from being assigned. My calculations come up to 90% of a t50 now. I have a poly and will be swapping everything over to gnfs. How is sieving range normally determined? Is it by testing or is there a calculated start point? I was guessing for the others but my guess here would be, maybe 15e6.

Thanks for all the "learnin'" everyone.
It is difficult without the gnfs data matching the ecm data. It probably isn't too bad as long as you are within a factor of 2 of the best amount of ecm. These things usually have a fairly flat curve. There was the argument a while back whether it was better to tell aliqueit to do ecm to 0.25 digits or 0.33 digits. It didn't make that much difference.
You can run the script telling it you have run 0 curves (0@3e6 or something like that).
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote