View Single Post
Old 2021-06-22, 11:40   #26
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

37·79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Banning redirects on the Prime-Wiki will not work in the long run.
Sure, I can... I'm the admin..
There are only a few redirects for some abbreviations like GIMPS.
But I will not include ~2700 redirects for the Riesel number pages when including a "2" as base in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Aside from that, I have an unrelated question related to the templates. What's the purpose of having the R/P prefix on all of the Riesel/Proth template arguments? It seems superfluous, since its meaning is provided by the template call being used, and it requires extra work to add the prefix letter. Does DPL require all field names to be unique across templates?
The prefix for any template is for making them unique over the Wiki. There's no extra work for including a "P", the templates are shown in the template prototype page for copy/paste.
To keep them unique is better: have in mind to replace a text of any page with some other text. Say you want to rename a special parameter in all Riesel prime pages, there's a function to do so.
Or including a new parameter, that's what I can do when including the base as new parameter.
Searching for such parameters is another reason. Some templates using the "R" or "P" to make the output depending on the type, too.

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2021-08-10 at 22:00 Reason: deleted note for template
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote