Old 2018-12-15, 21:11   #7
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

3·2,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvang View Post
While this seems like a good idea, my parents want me to have a separate plan, like a first step into adulthood or something like that. Paying for my third of the plan seems to not be an option.
Learning on and making mistakes on something small is a good way to go. Gathering information and seeking advice before plunging in as you are doing seems promising. I was just looking at Wirefly the other day regarding data-only plans. There's a lot of info there about general phone plan offerings available too. https://www.wirefly.com/content/phone-plans Watch out for analysis paralysis. Good luck. Especially if you'll be paying the bill with money you earn yourself.

(I went from a monthly and very limited plan with one provider to prepaid with another provider, Tracfone, some months back, and I expect the savings to repay the Samsung J3 smartphone cost in 6 months or so from start. It's convertible to autopay via credit card. Number portability and changeover was smooth and straightforward. Projected cost is under $20/month for my low usage. There are few monthly plans in that range, and all I recall is a Consumer Cellular limited basic phone plan for less. There is a market for selling and buying used phones; I've gotten several on ebay for example.)

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2018-12-15 at 21:17
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote