View Single Post
Old 2022-03-17, 14:51   #7
kruoli

"Oliver"
Sep 2017
Porta Westfalica, DE

1,151 Posts

If we want to attract new personnel, I would suggest we take their hand a bit (at least give the possibility) and give some guiding on how to execute this work. For example, I prepared a small script for this thread:
Code:
export BC_LINE_LENGTH=0; # disable line breaks in bc
bc < list.txt > list.bc;
line_count_input=$(wc -l < list.bc);
base_dir=../terminations;

rm -f *.log siqs.dat nfs.*;
for i in $(seq 1 $line_count_input);
do
  number=$(sed "${i}q;d" list.bc); # use this instead of read line (etc.) to prevent a misdeteciton of file redirection in YAFU, which would enter batch mode and cause problems
  alq_file=alq_${number}.elf;
  wget -O $alq_file "http://factordb.com/elf.php?seq=${number}&type=1";
  line_count_elf=$(wc -l < $alq_file);
  ./aliqueit -y $number | tee execution.log; # use tee to see the progress while still logging to a file
  ./aliqueit -s $(($line_count_elf-1)) $number > upload.log; # maybe check if upload limit was reached here
  dir=$base_dir/$(sed "${i}q;d" list.txt);
  mkdir $dir;
  mv -t $dir aliqueit.log execution.log upload.log $alq_file;
done;
Put your work in a file named list.txt, one entry per line in the form x^y. It is assumed that you have an aliqueit executable in the same directory as the script (optimally with aliqueit.ini and yafu.ini if you have configured aliqueit to use YAFU as it would be recommended). Additionally, you would need wc, wget, sed and bc (these do not come with every Linux distribution by default). It will get the current ELF files and upload the results immediately after a sequence has terminated. The results will be stored as condfigured by base_dir. (One could add another parameter to aliqueit to prevent getting in the rare case of a sequence not ending trivially.)

We could add links to threads (e.g. EdH's) on how to set up and compile YAFU(2) and aliqueit.

As an aside, how do you pronounce aliqueit? Like ah-lee-kweet?

Last fiddled with by kruoli on 2022-03-17 at 14:56 Reason: Fixed a typo.
kruoli is online now   Reply With Quote