Old 2021-03-20, 17:01   #1002
garambois

"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

7×97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Please don't tell me you're trying to do anything efficient in Python. This is a job for C. You'd probably get a significant speed boost with a compiled C or C++ program with GMP compared to Python.
I do this work with the python language !
I don't know how to work on numbers of several hundred thousand digits with the C language ?
But if any of you can do this, the program must be very easy to write.
And then maybe we will find suitable exponents for bases 3, 5 or 7.
(I also launched the execution of calculations for base 7.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
That's a really bad job by the translator. Are numbers considered masculine nouns in French, because I don't believe Romance languages inherited the neuter from Latin?

English is a hard language to master. Many native English speakers haven't done it. It's a shame that such a complicated language has become the global lingua franca (thanks to the global hegemonic status of the British Empire and the US over the past two centuries). I would have preferred Esperanto, which was designed for the purpose.
In French, it's very different.
It has nothing to do with whether a number is masculine or feminine. We say "la moitiƩ d'un nombre" (half of a number), because "moitiƩ" is feminine and "le double d'un nombre" (the double of a number), because "double" is masculine !
We understand better why automatic translation is so difficult !
garambois is offline   Reply With Quote