View Single Post
Old 2007-01-23, 02:25   #3
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

DB316 Posts

Brunapargo, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. The United States of America has a strong, robust form of government, in my opinion. My beef is with the fact that the word 'democracy' has been redefined. There is more than one definition of democracy, our Constitutional Republic as one example, and the so-called pure democracies which don't last long because people always seem to want to try and get as much money in their pocket as they can. Since the poor and middle-class will always outnumber the rich, selfishness kills a pure democracy.

That's what my problem is. I don't want ignorant people to want to change our government to be more like a pure democracy. I think calling us a democracy increases the likelihood that something dangerous like this could happen.

That's my beef, in a nutshell. Somewhere, there's an ignorant person with a great personality who personifies my fears and wants to get elected.

I want to change what we're called so that people have one less stupid mistake to make.

Last fiddled with by jasong on 2007-01-23 at 02:26
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote