View Single Post
Old 2008-05-21, 05:44   #1
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×5,113 Posts
Default LLRnet server rally port 300 May 23rd-25th

It's time for another LLRnet rally on port 300!

This time around, we're going to run one for 48 hours this weekend from Friday May 23rd at 7 PM GMT to Sunday May 25th at 7 PM GMT. Adam and Anon, this would be 2 PM CDT and 3 PM EDT. Do you see a problem starting the rally mid-afternoon U.S. on a weekday?

Here is the server info.:
server = "nplb.rieselprime.org"
port = 300

General info. on setting up a connection to an LLRnet server can be found here. The above info. should be put in the llr-clientconfig.txt file.

For this one, can everyone report how many cores they will be bringing? I'd also like to suggest that we run a test the day before the rally. Can everyone run their rally cores for ~1 hour, perhaps from 10-11 PM GMT on Thurs May 22nd. Hopefully everyone would be home from work in the U.S. and people won't yet be in bed in Europe at that time.

I'm going to bring ~18 cores this time around and we'll probably want to run a test to see if Adam's server can handle the load. I know we have a new searcher or two since the last rally so this is a precaution more than anything since we got burned on our 2nd rally.

Everyone bring all of your firepower to the rally as we see how fast we can bring drive 1 up to n=450K!

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-05-21 at 23:01 Reason: Added server info.