View Single Post
Old 2021-02-27, 16:10   #16
swellman

Jun 2012

299310 Posts

Sam now reports running ECM for ~300 curves per number
Quote:
with B1 ranging from 2e9 for small (~200D) numbers down to 1e9 for large (~400D) numbers.
While I’m still focused on finishing ECM for the remaining 1987 list of base-2 CNs, my plan is to start weaving the new base-2 extensions into the big quilt. I’m thinking of starting with a single pass of 4000 curves @B1=260e6. Then later I can repeat 19000 curves (twice eventually) at the same level. Thoughts?

I was going to queue the new work by increasing number of digits, but willing to take requests. It will take years to get these all up to the just the t60 level. And don’t forget the 1987 list is still in play. This strategy tries to please everyone thus guaranteeing no one will be pleased.

One other observation from Sam
Quote:
Someone must have tried the 2,n- table, as I found no new factors in it. I found just a few new factors in the 2,n+ tables, but lots of factors in the 2LM table.
Did anyone run some ECM in this patch? Just trying to avoid repeating work.

One last note - I was recently reminded of this page. What’s the protocol here? Best to avoid any numbers on the GIMPS page? Or will any additional “rogue” ECM work be embraced?

Last fiddled with by swellman on 2021-02-27 at 16:11
swellman is offline   Reply With Quote