View Single Post
Old 2018-04-27, 12:49   #12
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

E8116 Posts

I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this, then. I had wondered. Why did no one else bring this up and instead chose to work around it?

As mentioned earlier, I'm running instances of yafu.pl, a perl script designed to grab composites from the db, factor them via YAFU and move on. If it doesn't find a factor from YAFU, it drops the composite and gets another. The trouble is, that composite is available to run and error again under the normal workings of yafu.pl. I have somewhat minimized this by running a list of those composites worked that is checked before factoring, but once a large number of these problem composites have accumulated, the script just keeps hitting and skipping them continuously at a higher rate than gathering new ones.

I have modified yafu.pl and could probably do so some more, but, although growing, my perl knowledge is quite limited. And, although it is mostly doing what I want, much of my modification is probably not nearly correctly coded.

Since I'm currently working with C100s and smaller, for my work around, is there a way I can modify my tune info to increase the SIQS/NFS crossover from 98 to 101?:
Code:
tune_info=        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz,LINUX64,1.17024e-05,0.204308,0.300965,0.101681,98.9503,3392.26
Would it be as simple as changing the 98.9503 above, or is something needed with the other values?

Sorry to be such a pain with my oddities. Thanks for all the help.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote