mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   COVID vaccination wavefront (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=26332)

pinhodecarlos 2020-12-23 08:20

[QUOTE=mathwiz;567071]If you don't want to be a "covid receptacle" then get the damn vaccine. Or are you still under the impression that Bill Gates and his maniacal cult at the Deep State are using it to turn you into a robot?[/QUOTE]

Isn’t that better for ONeil?

paulunderwood 2020-12-23 08:39

Despite the big fanfare photo-opertunity media frenzy at the time of the first jab, only 500,000 people n the UK have had a first jab. This has taken weeks. Only 100 times as many more of the population to go. The tory majority goverrnment cannot organise without a host of friendly private companies a p:censored:s up in a brewery.

pinhodecarlos 2020-12-23 08:45

[QUOTE=paulunderwood;567092]Despite the big fanfare photo-opertunity media frenzy at the time of the first jab, only 500,000 people n the UK have had a first jab. This has taken weeks. Only 100 times as many more of the population to go. The tory majority goverrnment cannot organise without a host of friendly private companies a p:censored:s up in a brewery.[/QUOTE]

I don’t even know if that number is correct since it was announced by BJ.

Brownfox 2020-12-23 10:21

My father is in one of the top categories. He hasn't been contacted at all yet. Keeping fingers crossed he doesn't get Covid.

firejuggler 2020-12-23 17:02

France has decided to vaccinate eldery first, then medical personnel working with them. As a young (almost 40) and not at-risk person, the vaccine will be availlable to the general population in spring.

The Carnivore 2020-12-23 17:06

A friend who's working in local government in the U.S. got this memo earlier in the week:

"Public employees, especially essential workers on the front lines of exposure, will receive higher priority than the general public and vaccinations of City of XXX employees will begin as soon as December 28. However, employees on lower tiers may not be vaccinated for several months."

On another note, I know some retirees who're age 70+ and haven't been to a doctor in decades since they're feeling perfectly fine. But their age still puts them in a higher risk group, so how will they know when it's their turn to get the vaccine? Do they just call the local drugstore every week and ask whether they can get the shot that day?

xilman 2020-12-23 17:25

[QUOTE=The Carnivore;567135]On another note, I know some retirees who're age 70+ and haven't been to a doctor in decades since they're feeling perfectly fine. But their age still puts them in a higher risk group, so how will they know when it's their turn to get the vaccine? Do they just call the local drugstore every week and ask whether they can get the shot that day?[/QUOTE]It depends where you live.

Around here such people are contacted.

M344587487 2020-12-23 18:24

[QUOTE=paulunderwood;567092]Despite the big fanfare photo-opertunity media frenzy at the time of the first jab, only 500,000 people n the UK have had a first jab. This has taken weeks. Only 100 times as many more of the population to go. The tory majority goverrnment cannot organise without a host of friendly private companies a p:censored:s up in a brewery.[/QUOTE]
Sounds pretty quick to me but I have low expectations.

lavalamp 2020-12-28 00:23

There was a [URL="https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk"]website I visited recently[/URL] that let you get an estimate of where you stand in line for the vaccine (in the UK), after asking your age and some basic medical questions. It said I should expect it to be sometime in July - September as I am in the lowest priority group.

I will take it when it becomes available to me, but to me this suggests it will be a minimum 6 more months until things start to return to normal.

I very much do not want to catch COVID-19 as it appears there can be long lasting health effects as well as cognitive deficits. :no:

ATH 2020-12-28 07:05

The first vaccines in Denmark were given yesterday Dec 27th to old people in nursing homes.
We only got like 9,700 vaccines so far, and will get 30K-50K more every week.

storm5510 2020-12-28 16:59

[QUOTE=ATH;567521]The first vaccines in Denmark were given yesterday Dec 27th to old people in nursing homes.
We only got like 9,700 vaccines so far, and will get 30K-50K more every week.[/QUOTE]

I read yesterday that hospitals and nursing homes will be first in line here in the U.S. This is patients and staff. I would guess that all emergency service workers would be next. Police, fire, and ambulance crews, anyone with a high contact rate with other people.