mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GIMPS shirts (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=25515)

Viliam Furik 2020-05-04 15:07

GIMPS shirts

2 Attachment(s)
I was thinking about the GIMPS polo shirts that Ernst Mayer made, and I combined the idea with the GIMPS logo I made, resulting in GIMPS polo shirts and t-shirts in black and blue colors, with embroidered logos on the chest (logos are attached). I also thought about making special edition shirts for prime discoverers with the prime in the 2^p-1 form on the back.

I accept ideas for other colors and variants. I made a poll to get an idea about the number of shirts to order.

Non-final prices are:
T-shirt = 8 € (about 8.75 $)
Polo shirt = 12 € (about 13 $)

Shipping is at most 9,1 € (about 10 $), depending on the country, but in most cases, it's 6 or 7,2 € (about 6,5 $ and 7,8 $). Countries, where I can ship to, are:
entire Europe + Argentina, Brasil, Canada, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, S. Korea, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, and the USA, including U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam.

Unfortunately, I don't have a cheap way of shipping to other countries.

pinhodecarlos 2020-05-04 16:30

If you look at the world map UK is drifting away from rest of Europe, how much it costs to ship there? Hurry up otherwise costs will keep raising by drifting pace. Thank you in advance.

Viliam Furik 2020-05-04 17:00

[QUOTE=pinhodecarlos;544577]If you look at the world map UK is drifting away from rest of Europe, how much it costs to ship there? Hurry up otherwise costs will keep raising by drifting pace. Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

UK shipping costs 7,20 €.

R.D. Silverman 2020-05-04 18:59

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;544572]I was thinking about the GIMPS polo shirts that Ernst Mayer made, and I combined the idea with the GIMPS logo I made, resulting in GIMPS polo shirts and t-shirts in black and blue colors, with embroidered logos on the chest (logos are attached). I also thought about making special edition shirts for prime discoverers with the prime in the 2^p-1 form on the back.

I accept ideas for other colors and variants. I made a poll to get an idea about the number of shirts to order.

Non-final prices are:

Shipping is at most 9,1 € (about 10 $), depending on the country, but in most cases, it's 6 or 7,2 € (about 6,5 $ and 7,8 $). Countries, where I can ship to, are:
entire Europe + Argentina, Brasil, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, S. Korea, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, and the USA, including U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam.

Unfortunately, I don't have a cheap way of shipping to other countries.[/QUOTE]

Applause.

ewmayer 2020-05-04 19:21

Nice work, Viliam - since GIMPS has a lot of US members, I suggest considering using a US-based imprint service (e.g. 4imprint.com) to create shirts from your logo. I don't know if any of them do individual-item ordering and shipping, to keep costs reasonable it would likely be necessary to ship them in batches to one more US-based GIMPS members who would then forward individual ones.

Or, once you have a better idea of demand and/or a set of pre-orders, see if any GIMPSers will be traveling between your neck of the woods and the US in the coming months, who wouldn't mind filling their suitcase with stylish contraband.

kruoli 2020-05-04 20:31

I'd be definitely ordering one (not important which of those four) to Germany.

Viliam Furik 2020-05-04 23:02

[QUOTE=ewmayer;544593]Nice work, Viliam - since GIMPS has a lot of US members, I suggest considering using a US-based imprint service (e.g. 4imprint.com) to create shirts from your logo. I don't know if any of them do individual-item ordering and shipping, to keep costs reasonable it would likely be necessary to ship them in batches to one more US-based GIMPS members who would then forward individual ones.

Or, once you have a better idea of demand and/or a set of pre-orders, see if any GIMPSers will be traveling between your neck of the woods and the US in the coming months, who wouldn't mind filling their suitcase with stylish contraband.[/QUOTE]

For the USA there is 6 € shipping (about 6,50 $) and it should arrive within 5-7 working days. Prices of the shirts themselves, on the website you posted, are about the same. I don't think there will be a huge cost difference if I order it in the USA. For the comfort of myself, I am probably going to stick with the original plan.

And even if somebody ordered more shirts so that the package would be under 1 kg, it would be 16 $ shipping, and under 2 kg it's 26 $. If you are interested in the pricing, you can look at the page of our national postal service in the English version ([URL="https://cennik.posta.sk/en"]here[/URL])

ewmayer 2020-05-04 23:29

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;544603]For the USA there is 6 € shipping (about 6,50 $) and it should arrive within 5-7 working days.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting - usual I find shipping to Europe via USPS cheaper than the other way around, but back in late February I sent a GIMPSer in Sweden one of the remaining few shirts of the ones I had made up years ago, and the cheapest shipping option was a massive $25. Basic polo shirt, around 16 ounces (~450g) packed up.

Viliam Furik 2020-05-05 22:53

Form for orders

I created a Google form for orders ([URL="https://forms.gle/c876xbX6D73JwwZ16"]here[/URL]).

I will contact everyone who fills the form, asking for confirmation of the order. Other information is in the form.

Nick 2020-05-06 07:10

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;544675]I created a Google form for orders ([URL="https://forms.gle/c876xbX6D73JwwZ16"]here[/URL]).

I will contact everyone who fills the form, asking for confirmation of the order. Other information is in the form.[/QUOTE]
I think you'll find that is illegal under European privacy laws.

kruoli 2020-05-06 18:55

[QUOTE=Nick;544698]I think you'll find that is illegal under European privacy laws.[/QUOTE]

IANAL: Since Google claims to go with European privacy laws, it should be sufficient if Viliam mentions in the form:[LIST=1][*]Why he needs to collect the data.[*]What he will do with the collected the data.[*]When he will erase the data.[*]That he will accept all applications that are valid regarding GDPR.[/LIST]

Viliam Furik 2020-05-06 21:34

[QUOTE=kruoli;544747]IANAL: Since Google claims to go with European privacy laws, it should be sufficient if Viliam mentions in the form:[LIST=1][*]Why he needs to collect the data.[*]What he will do with the collected the data.[*]When he will erase the data.[*]That he will accept all applications that are valid regarding GDPR.[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Done.

Viliam Furik 2020-05-25 22:33

1 Attachment(s)
I have finally got an image of the shirt, but for now, it's only graphic design, a real photo will be available soon.
Right now I have 5 shirts requested and I need 50, otherwise, if I order less, the price will be higher.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-03 14:05

First shirt is here!

5 Attachment(s)
I will be shipping first specialized shirt today (or tomorrow). Pictures attached. Please note that I took pictures with my phone, in far-from-perfect lighting and I had to downsize them to 25% size, so I can upload them. Red really is red, similar to the lipstick red, blue is a little bit darker than on the photo, and the shirt is properly black.

kruoli 2020-06-03 14:13

Wonderfully done! The embroidering for the logo looks extremely good!

Viliam Furik 2020-06-09 19:49

Shirt sizes table

1 Attachment(s)
I managed to find a table with measurements of shirt sizes.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-13 22:56

1 Attachment(s)
Also for the t-shirts.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-15 19:52

About the custom text option and other shirt colors

I accept any kind of text on the back, that makes sense (no offensive words and such), mainly PRPs in form 2^P-1/factor(s) - with a proper fraction bar, of course, primes themselves in 2^P-1 notation, names, and other things which are not considered inappropriate or too long to embroider - e.g. big factors, however proud you may be of them.

I also can get the shirt in other colors, but that would require in most cases recoloring of the logo, which is not hard, but I have done it for black and sky blue shirt only because these are the most sense-making colors. If you want red or green or rainbow (joke - they don't make rainbow shirts AFAIK), I am OK with that, just check the "other color" option in the form.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-15 20:08

Blue shirt - change of design

1 Attachment(s)
I have decided to use only the blue globe variant of the logo on all shirt colors. I include new design of the blue shirt variant.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-15 20:21

Shipping

Delivery takes up to 9 days from the day of shipment. The shipping price of $6,5 to $10 applies to the order of one shirt. For two or more shirts the price goes up due to the weight of shirts. Up to 1 kg (2, maybe 3 shirts) - $12 to $20, up to 2 kg (about 6 shirts) - $16 to $28, and more is probably unrealistic.

chalsall 2020-06-15 20:30

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;548090]I have decided to use only the blue globe variant of the logo on all shirt colors.[/QUOTE]

Nice work on the new logo, BTW. :tu:

And to the Server Gods over on Mersenne.org, would you please choose a background already??? :wink: My vote is for the alpha-channel version.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-15 20:46

[QUOTE=chalsall;548095]Nice work on the new logo, BTW. :tu:

And to the Server Gods over on Mersenne.org, would you please choose a background already??? :wink: My vote is for the alpha-channel version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Well, no Gods, only a randomly selected logo version each time you open the website (George made it so).

chalsall 2020-06-15 22:36

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;548096]Well, no Gods, only a randomly selected logo version each time you open the website (George made it so).[/QUOTE]

Sounds like maybe we need another poll? :wink:

Viliam Furik 2020-06-15 23:09

Order status update

10 shirts out of 50.

3 new orders in the last two hours :banana:

tha 2020-06-16 08:13

I run the logistics of the shirts and sweaters with the logo of our local Scout group. I need to order about 50 a year. In my experience it is better to sell them from stock than on order base. It does require some investment though and includes a little risk.

James Heinrich 2020-06-16 12:46

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;544572]Countries, where I can ship to, are: entire Europe + Argentina, Brasil, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, S. Korea, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, and the USA, including U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam.[/QUOTE]No Canada?

Viliam Furik 2020-06-16 12:51

[QUOTE=James Heinrich;548153]No Canada?[/QUOTE]

Canada is OK.

When I was writing the list, I was going through the alphabetical order of the countries, written in the Slovak language, so when I got to Canada (Kanada in Slovak) I forgot to write it to the C countries... Sorry. :redface:

petrw1 2020-06-17 04:59

1 polo ordered

Please PM me exactly how much i need to pay and by what method

Wayne

Viliam Furik 2020-06-17 14:12

Order status update

22 out of 50.

It's going fast. :bounce:

ET_ 2020-06-17 17:13

I asked for mine... Thanks! :smile: :bow:

Viliam Furik 2020-06-18 16:49

Order status update

25 orders of 50.

Halfway there! :popcorn:

James Heinrich 2020-06-18 18:24

Question: how would we pay?

kruoli 2020-06-18 19:02

[QUOTE=James Heinrich;548416]Question: how would we pay?[/QUOTE]

I payed by PayPal family and friend and have received my (custom) item already. I'll take some photos sometime.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-18 19:35

Payment

[QUOTE=James Heinrich;548416]Question: how would we pay?[/QUOTE]

Yes, PayPal is preferred. But bank payment is also accepted.

pontazaricardo 2020-06-19 04:02

May I ask, how much would it be the shipping for Taiwan? Same as for China?

Thank you.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-19 11:00

[QUOTE=pontazaricardo;548476]May I ask, how much would it be the shipping for Taiwan? Same as for China?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I can't find shipping for Taiwan, so I suppose either Taiwan is included in China for some reason, or I can't ship there. I will find out.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-20 21:19

Order status update

34 out of 50 orders.

2[SUP]4[/SUP] remaining. :bounce:

Awesomeotts 2020-06-21 00:26

Hi, I know that in the list of countries it doesn't include Australia, but can is it possible to ship there?

dannyridel 2020-06-21 07:09

Hi, how much is shipping for China (mainland)?

Viliam Furik 2020-06-21 08:51

[QUOTE=Awesomeotts;548665]Hi, I know that in the list of countries it doesn't include Australia, but can is it possible to ship there?[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know right now. I sent an email to the post office, regarding the possibility to ship to countries that are not on the list they have.

I will give you an update as soon as I find out.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-21 08:56

[QUOTE=dannyridel;548685]Hi, how much is shipping for China (mainland)?[/QUOTE]

China is $10.

Viliam Furik 2020-06-22 08:43

Order status update

45 shirts ordered out of 50.

5 remaining! :w00t:

Viliam Furik 2020-06-22 12:11

Momentarily I am not able to ship to Australia nor Taiwan, because of restricted cargo transport by plane. Hopefully when COVID goes away, it will be possible. For now I am able to ship to countries that are on the list [URL="https://www.posta.sk/m#pricelist"]here[/URL].

Viliam Furik 2020-06-22 21:08

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;548792]Momentarily I am not able to ship to Australia nor Taiwan, because of restricted cargo transport by plane. Hopefully when COVID goes away, it will be possible. For now I am able to ship to countries that are on the list [URL="https://www.posta.sk/m#pricelist"]here[/URL].[/QUOTE]

Use this link ([URL="https://cennik.posta.sk/en"]here[/URL]).

Viliam Furik 2020-06-23 17:14

Order status update

1 shirt to 50!

I will soon start to send amounts to pay. If you want to order a shirt, hurry up because once the batch is ordered and shipped, you have to wait until another batch fills up (or pay a higher price for one shirt, if you will).

BTW I can make the batch larger than 50 shirts, of course. But once I order it and it is made, I can no longer add more shirts to it.

evoflash 2020-06-23 21:36

Yes! Definitely. Blue Polo. Form filled in (previously wasn't loading).

dannyridel 2020-06-24 11:48

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;548693]China is $10.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Will order as soon as I get scholarship :razz:

Viliam Furik 2020-06-27 11:25

Order status update

57 shirts ordered. I am ending the batch here, and I am going to make an order for them. When I get the total price, I will divide it per shirt, add shipping cost, and then I will send an e-mail to everyone who placed an order for a shirt.

Any orders that come from now on will be counted in the next batch, with unknown date of completion.

Thank you for ordering.

neomacdev 2020-07-04 03:54

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;549203]57 shirts ordered. I am ending the batch here, and I am going to make an order for them. When I get the total price, I will divide it per shirt, add shipping cost, and then I will send an e-mail to everyone who placed an order for a shirt.

Any orders that come from now on will be counted in the next batch, with unknown date of completion.

Thank you for ordering.[/QUOTE]

Should I have gotten an e-mail or a request for payment or anything yet? I filled out the form sometime around June 22nd.

Viliam Furik 2020-07-04 09:30

[QUOTE=neomacdev;549714]Should I have gotten an e-mail or a request for payment or anything yet? I filled out the form sometime around June 22nd.[/QUOTE]

I am working on it.

aurashift 2020-07-29 02:40

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;549203]57 shirts ordered. I am ending the batch here, and I am going to make an order for them. When I get the total price, I will divide it per shirt, add shipping cost, and then I will send an e-mail to everyone who placed an order for a shirt.

Thank you for ordering.[/QUOTE]

jeez i go and ignore the forums for a coupla months and yall go do something fun like this without me

Sazz 2020-07-29 08:50

I hope interest has continued. Just put in a request, does it look like there will be another batch?

Viliam Furik 2020-07-29 12:47

Order status update

The second batch may come soon! 30 out of 50 ordered.

Shirts from the first batch are finished and should be delivered to me tomorrow. I will send them probably on Friday. Delivery time is up to 2 weeks.

Sazz 2020-07-29 20:19

Thrilling, thank you for the update!

neomacdev 2020-08-05 09:57

Has the first batch of shirts shipped yet? If not, any time estimate?

Viliam Furik 2020-08-05 20:33

[QUOTE=neomacdev;552607]Has the first batch of shirts shipped yet? If not, any time estimate?[/QUOTE]

I would like to ship half of the first batch tomorrow. Hopefully, my plans will come true.

Estimated time to arrive to destination is up to two full weeks or up to 10 working days.

Viliam Furik 2020-08-07 10:40

Batch report

I have shipped the first (kind of) half today.

Non-shipped orders are those which consist of a single shirt and were ordered after 23rd of June 6:00 (I think it is UTC). That's 20 orders out of 47 not shipped yet. The first batch totalled 65 shirts. Some orders were moved to the second batch, due to the customers not responding to mail about making payment. :down: There was also one unexpected scenario. Upon contacting a customer with payment details, he claimed he did not order anything, despite me having order with his email address in my Google Forms spreadsheet... :furious: However, nothing serious happened, because I requested payments before ordering the shirts, specifically to avoid such scenarios.:cool:

When finished with the first batch, I will wait for the second batch to fill up completely (the current state is 42 out of 50).

evoflash 2020-08-15 11:21

Polo arrived today. Looks fab!

2511425938514 2020-08-16 03:38

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;544572]I was thinking about the GIMPS polo shirts that Ernst Mayer made, and I combined the idea with the GIMPS logo I made, resulting in GIMPS polo shirts and t-shirts in black and blue colors, with embroidered logos on the chest (logos are attached). I also thought about making special edition shirts for prime discoverers with the prime in the 2^p-1 form on the back.

Non-final prices are:

entire Europe + Argentina, Brasil, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, S. Korea, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, and the USA, including U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam.

Unfortunately, I don't have a cheap way of shipping to other countries.[/QUOTE]
How can I buy a black polo special edition shirt in China?

Gary 2020-08-19 02:28

I received my two T-shirts today. The package looks like it has traveled half way around the world (which it has!), but the shirts came through in good condition. And they look awesome! I really like how the logo stands out on the jet black T. Thank you very much, Viliam, for organizing this!

ATH 2020-08-19 13:03

I also received my shirts today, they look great, thank you.

ET_ 2020-08-21 09:03

I received my -shirt and polo 2 weeks ago, but was not aware of this thread :smile:

The package arrived a bit teared off, but the internal bubble cover was integer.

Thank you, very good work!

Luigi

neomacdev 2020-08-24 18:42

1 Attachment(s)
Mine arrived today (USA). Hooray! Looks great! Thank you!

rgirard1 2020-08-27 18:40

Shipping to Canada?

On the main GIMPS page Canada is included in your list of countries whre the T-shirts could be shipped but on this forum Canada is no longer part of the countries with reasonable shipping costs. Is there a reason for that?

Viliam Furik 2020-08-27 22:49

[QUOTE=rgirard1;555128]On the main GIMPS page Canada is included in your list of countries whre the T-shirts could be shipped but on this forum Canada is no longer part of the countries with reasonable shipping costs. Is there a reason for that?[/QUOTE]

The only reason Canada is not included in the first post of this thread is that I am no longer able to edit that post (I think there is a 24-hour limit), and I didn't ask any forum moderator to edit it.

I originally forgot to include Canada, as discussed on page 2 and/or 3, I think.

So Canada is OK. If you want to order a shirt, do so, the batch will be closed soon.

LaurV 2020-08-28 00:02

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;555184]and I didn't ask any forum moderator to edit it.
I originally forgot to include Canada,[/QUOTE]
fixed it for you

Spherical Cow 2020-08-28 21:37

And got mine a few days ago- Looks Great! Thanks again.

petrw1 2020-09-08 20:45

Arrived today

Thanks

DankanTsar 2020-09-12 19:21

Received yesterday(Russia, Moscow), looks perfect. Thank you!

Viliam Furik 2020-10-11 19:42

Second batch closed (soon) !!!

I will now start to write down a list of all orders that are to be sent. The second batch is officially closed, but if an order comes before I finish writing it down, I will include it.

Happy prime hunting!

LaurV 2020-10-13 14:57

:tu:

Tad Mar 2020-11-12 21:38

What batch is it up to now and how many have been ordered of the next 50?

LaurV 2020-11-18 03:07

Shippn' to Thailand yet? :blush:

(and how do we pay? I actually didn't pay any money till now, and I don't believe I will get one for free...)

MattcAnderson 2021-02-24 09:15

I filled out the interest form for a polo shirt. I am willing to pay for my shirt.

Regards,
Matt

Viliam Furik 2021-02-24 09:19

[QUOTE=MattcAnderson;572404]I filled out the interest form for a polo shirt. I am willing to pay for my shirt.

Regards,
Matt[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your order :smile:

Unfortunately, I am in the middle of processing the second batch of orders, and your order is deep in the third batch. That means you will have to wait probably a few months until I close the third batch and start the process of ordering the shirts and sending them.

Viliam Furik 2021-03-07 01:34

1 Attachment(s)
So, I am about halfway through sending payment requests to "customers", but because of the unexpectedly high non-paying ("customer" didn't send the payment) rate so far, I am considering to extend the batch to include the few new orders which would otherwise become the third batch.

Also, I've got an idea to extend the GIMPS memorabilia to caps, as in the picture. Please, let me know if you think that is a good idea. The estimated price is about 6 $ per cap.

ZFR 2021-03-12 09:36

[QUOTE=Viliam Furik;573151]So, I am about halfway through sending payment requests to "customers", but because of the unexpectedly high non-paying ("customer" didn't send the payment) rate so far, I am considering to extend the batch to include the few new orders which would otherwise become the third batch.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe give them some time, then bump them off to the back of the list (to the last batch).

I just added my order by the way.

ramshanker 2021-04-14 12:04

Filling interest form for next batch.