mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   GMP-ECM (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Coordination (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=24708)

R.D. Silverman 2019-08-20 13:42

Coordination

To whomever is queueing the HCN's for YoYo:

9,2,265+ is currently running ECM.

But it has already been factored. (and had been queued for SNFS).

Perhaps more careful coordination is indicated?

xilman 2019-08-20 15:30

[QUOTE=R.D. Silverman;524004]To whomever is queueing the HCN's for YoYo:

Perhaps more careful coordination is indicated?[/QUOTE]Yup.

Remember to apply Hanlon's Razor. Somehow I've managed to queue some Aurifeuillean factors of GCW numbers which already have a known factor. OK, they are still composite and a new factor might be found but it's still a waste of resources.

I have nothing to declare but my incompetence.

R.D. Silverman 2019-08-23 03:21

[QUOTE=xilman;524012]Yup.

Remember to apply Hanlon's Razor. Somehow I've managed to queue some Aurifeuillean factors of GCW numbers which already have a known factor. OK, they are still composite and a new factor might be found but it's still a waste of resources.

I have nothing to declare but my incompetence.[/QUOTE]

[b]Someone[/b] isn't paying attention. 11,4,275- was just queued (and a factor found).
However, it had already been factored..... Whomever is queueing these needs to
check the tables!

xilman 2019-08-23 10:19

[QUOTE=R.D. Silverman;524332][b]Someone[/b] isn't paying attention. 11,4,275- was just queued (and a factor found).
check the tables![/QUOTE]I agree better quality control is badly needed. In particular a polite email to yoyo generally results in numbers being removed from a queue if desired. Have you followed that route?

However, I wonder how long some of these candidates have been waiting in the queue. I've not checked either, as I've rather lost interest in the HCN project, but perhaps they were still composite when submitted.

As you've noticed in the context of Cunningham numbers, some candidates take a long time to be scheduled.

R.D. Silverman 2019-08-23 14:40

[QUOTE=xilman;524344]I agree better quality control is badly needed. In particular a polite email to yoyo generally results in numbers being removed from a queue if desired. Have you followed that route?

However, I wonder how long some of these candidates have been waiting in the queue. I've not checked either, as I've rather lost interest in the HCN project, but perhaps they were still composite when submitted.

As you've noticed in the context of Cunningham numbers, some candidates take a long time to be scheduled.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the list of queued HCN's. The rest of the list is OK. For now.

jyb 2019-08-27 22:45

[QUOTE=R.D. Silverman;524004]To whomever is queueing the HCN's for YoYo:

Perhaps more careful coordination is indicated?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=R.D. Silverman;524332][b]Someone[/b] isn't paying attention. 11,4,275- was just queued (and a factor found).
check the tables![/QUOTE]

These numbers were queued to Yoyo@home back in June. Sometimes it takes a long time before they actually get issued to people. You didn't find 11-4,275 until two weeks ago.

As for 9+2,265, at the time you posted this it had already been running ECM for 9 days and it had finished most of its curves before any sieving was begun. Nor do I know what you mean by it being "queued for SNFS". Queued where? It wasn't done by NFS@Home.

BTW, you're more likely to get a timely response to things like this if you directly address "whomever [sic] is queueing these", or at least post in a forum for which it's on-topic.