mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favorite Pest (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=21919)

rogue 2017-11-02 01:16

[QUOTE=kladner;470792]He has beautiful markings![/QUOTE]

That's what I thought when I first saw him on the rescue website. He is a Bengal, probably second or third generation, but I don't have paperwork.

Last night we found a mouse in our house. Dinky likes to chase toys, so I introduced him to the mouse. The mouse scurried around and Dinky chased a little, but he didn't really play with the mouse. I don't think he knew what to do with it. I eventually killed the mouse and tossed it outside.

Spherical Cow 2017-11-02 23:41

1 Attachment(s)
Speaking of markings- this is our other cat, Kami. I've always liked the very sharp contact between the black, left half of her face and the orange/tabby right side. Looks like it was drawn with a very fine tipped pen.

Norm

rogue 2017-11-03 02:52

[QUOTE=Spherical Cow;470861]Speaking of markings- this is our other cat, Kami. I've always liked the very sharp contact between the black, left half of her face and the orange/tabby right side. Looks like it was drawn with a very fine tipped pen.

Norm[/QUOTE]

Your description made me think immediately of the Star Trek episode "Let That be Your Last Battlefield". I wasn't disappointed when I saw the picture. Is she a tortoise shell mix?

kladner 2017-11-03 03:37

[QUOTE=Spherical Cow;470861]Speaking of markings- this is our other cat, Kami. I've always liked the very sharp contact between the black, left half of her face and the orange/tabby right side. Looks like it was drawn with a very fine tipped pen.

Norm[/QUOTE]
She looks really striking.

VictordeHolland 2017-11-03 11:07

Gizmo

3 Attachment(s)
May I present my furry friend:

Gizmo, king of couch and tumble dryer, captain of the vermin termination squad, destroyer of furniture and wallpapers and belly-rub-adorer.

Purrrrrrr

Spherical Cow 2017-11-03 16:39

[QUOTE=rogue;470869]Your description made me think immediately of the Star Trek episode "Let That be Your Last Battlefield". I wasn't disappointed when I saw the picture. Is she a tortoise shell mix?[/QUOTE]

Yes, she reminds me of that episode of Star Trek as well, though I can never remember the name of the episode. Thanks to you, I'll be able to track it down now. She's definitely a mix of tortoise shell and other unknowns. She was the "runt" of the litter of a pregnant stray that some friends took in. As I remember, she didn't look much like her siblings, either.

Norm

chalsall 2017-11-03 17:13

[QUOTE=Spherical Cow;470950]As I remember, she didn't look much like her siblings, either.[/QUOTE]

Cats will often have kittens from different fathers in the same litter. Interestingly, humans can also do this, although it's much rarer.

Xyzzy 2017-11-06 15:41

[QUOTE=chalsall;470952]Cats will often have kittens from different fathers in the same litter. Interestingly, humans can also do this, although it's much rarer.[/QUOTE]Humans can have kittens?

:confused:

chalsall 2017-11-06 16:42

[QUOTE=Xyzzy;471167]Humans can have kittens?[/QUOTE]

Of course! Just suggest to your SWMBO that you understand physics better than she does, and observe what happens.... :wink:

xilman 2017-11-06 17:28

[QUOTE=Xyzzy;471167]Humans can have kittens?

:confused:[/QUOTE]Interesting point. Figuratively, of course, they do all the time.

Xenospecies embryo transplants have become commonplace in recent decades. Whether a woman can give birth to live kittens following an embryo transfer has not yet been tested. I truly don't know how likely an experiment is to be successful.

kladner 2017-11-06 17:34

If a person can "have a cow," kittens should be easy. :razz: