mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Happy Me Thread (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=19249)

kladner 2015-08-26 03:21

[QUOTE=wombatman;408814]I'm a father! Little girl born 8/24/15, 8lbs 8oz :smile:[/QUOTE]
Best wishes to your new family member, and the rest of the family!

Uncwilly 2015-08-26 03:52

[QUOTE=wombatman;408814]I'm a father! Little girl born 8/24/15, 8lbs 8oz :smile:[/QUOTE]
:party:

LaurV 2015-08-26 03:59

Wow! We wish you happiness together with all your old and new, and may you have only joy from the little girl!
Girls are very nice to raise, trust me, I went through it.

Mark Rose 2015-08-26 04:20

Congratulations :)

pinhodecarlos 2015-08-26 05:56

Almost after on year living in the UK my wife found a job. You can imagine someone who always worked on research with a bunch o published papers staying home in depression, sometimes alone when I am overseas. I am now so happy, we can now start thinking about starting a family.

ewmayer 2015-08-26 06:47

Very robust weight for a baby wombat, congrats! :)

xilman 2015-08-26 08:30

[QUOTE=wombatman;408814]I'm a father! Little girl born 8/24/15, 8lbs 8oz :smile:[/QUOTE]Congrats.

The picture is obviously that of a very young infant --- her eyes haven't opened yet.

Brian-E 2015-08-26 08:55

[QUOTE=pinhodecarlos;408833]Almost after on year living in the UK my wife found a job. You can imagine someone who always worked on research with a bunch o published papers staying home in depression, sometimes alone when I am overseas. I am now so happy, we can now start thinking about starting a family.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations! We can relate to how important this is. After moving from one country to another, you both need the security of employment so that you can stop worrying about whether you'll be able to stay or not and, as you say, start thinking about building your lives there (in your case, starting a family).

It's funny that you moved to the very same country that we fled from. But that was a different era, and times have changed.:smile:

pinhodecarlos 2015-08-26 09:50

[QUOTE=Brian-E;408845]Congratulations! We can relate to how important this is. After moving from one country to another, you both need the security of employment so that you can stop worrying about whether you'll be able to stay or not and, as you say, start thinking about building your lives there (in your case, starting a family).

It's funny that you moved to the very same country that we fled from. But that was a different era, and times have changed.:smile:[/QUOTE]

Her issue was to change from academic world to industry, which is very hard because all jobs needed experience. Also she was fed up of lack of benefits on the academic world like not paying national insurance, etc.
I had several job offers in UK but we always kept focused on not moving anymore from country/home/city, so this was a win for us.

We left Portugal due to the crisis, stayed one year in Brazil starting our PhD where we were discriminated, but I found in UK a nice place where my company was very honest with me and my wife. I am grateful. As you said this is a start of our lives but mostly I see my wife smiling again.

Carlos

LaurV 2015-08-26 10:03

[QUOTE=pinhodecarlos;408846] I see my wife smiling again[/QUOTE]
Well, I see you continuously smiling! (in your avatar).
Anyhow, congrats for your wife. If she is happy, you are happy. And if you are happy, this can only mean more work units done on that project of yours... :razz: Good for us..

wombatman 2015-08-26 13:22

[QUOTE=pinhodecarlos;408833]Almost after on year living in the UK my wife found a job. You can imagine someone who always worked on research with a bunch o published papers staying home in depression, sometimes alone when I am overseas. I am now so happy, we can now start thinking about starting a family.[/QUOTE]

That is excellent! Congratulations to you and her!

And thank you to everyone--the little one is starting to open her eyes more often and look around now. It's pretty amazing to watch her change her focus when I talk to her.:smile: