mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   No Prime Left Behind (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Server outrages (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=13840)

MyDogBuster 2013-02-19 06:59

[QUOTE]I think I've isolated the problem to a bad modem from my provider[/QUOTE]

That would fit the scenario of your local ports working okay, but incoming being flaky. Good detective work.

gd_barnes 2013-02-19 21:33

[QUOTE=MyDogBuster;330020]That would fit the scenario of your local ports working okay, but incoming being flaky. Good detective work.[/QUOTE]

I have an appt. for someone from Time Warner to come out on Weds. to look at my equipment. I hope that they can get this issue resolved permanently. It's very annoying here too. My daughter was here this weekend and was having problems researching some homework because the internet kept going up and down.

gd_barnes 2013-02-20 21:05

Time Warner came out and I now have a big nice new shiny modem. :smile: The internet is now extra speedy here. I hope this will resolve all of the connection issues for everyone. I'm very sorry about all of the problems with the servers.

MyDogBuster 2013-02-20 21:27

I was sure it wasn't going to act up when the guy came. It did seem okay today. I used to hate it when I'd call a repair on my work computers and they went into "nice mode".

gd_barnes 2013-02-20 22:36

[QUOTE=MyDogBuster;330251]I was sure it wasn't going to act up when the guy came. It did seem okay today. I used to hate it when I'd call a repair on my work computers and they went into "nice mode".[/QUOTE]

It was working OK today for the most part but they had already diagnosed it. Besides the modem being bad, it was more than a year out of date. The new one that they gave me is about 3 times as big as the old one. My downloads are quite a bit faster too, which I really need with these huge base 3 files that I'm being sent at CRUS. They also have a way to see the connection issues that I had been having over the last week. When the person on the phone looked at my connection over that time frame, they quickly saw that I was having a lot of problems and that I likely needed a new modem. I've gotten nothing but excellent service from business class. It's what I expect for $80/month.

MyDogBuster 2013-02-21 13:32

Everything looking good. Even retrievals seem faster.

I think we can put this episode to bed.

mdettweiler 2013-02-24 19:50

[QUOTE=gd_barnes;330255]It was working OK today for the most part but they had already diagnosed it. Besides the modem being bad, it was more than a year out of date. The new one that they gave me is about 3 times as big as the old one. My downloads are quite a bit faster too, which I really need with these huge base 3 files that I'm being sent at CRUS. They also have a way to see the connection issues that I had been having over the last week. When the person on the phone looked at my connection over that time frame, they quickly saw that I was having a lot of problems and that I likely needed a new modem. I've gotten nothing but excellent service from business class. It's what I expect for $80/month.[/QUOTE]
Ah, is the new modem a DOCSIS 3.0 (cable modem protocol standard) model by chance? (I don't know if they told you, it might be on the bottom/back/wherever of the modem.) Those ones are capable of up to 320Mbps when you add more channels--i.e., there's room for tons more growth in the future if we ever need it. :smile:

gd_barnes 2013-02-25 02:42

[QUOTE=mdettweiler;330830]Ah, is the new modem a DOCSIS 3.0 (cable modem protocol standard) model by chance? (I don't know if they told you, it might be on the bottom/back/wherever of the modem.) Those ones are capable of up to 320Mbps when you add more channels--i.e., there's room for tons more growth in the future if we ever need it. :smile:[/QUOTE]

No it's a UBEE part #DDW3611.

mdettweiler 2013-02-25 05:02

[QUOTE=gd_barnes;330876]No it's a UBEE part #DDW3611.[/QUOTE]
Ah, right. I may have worded that a bit confusingly...DOCSIS 3.0 is the cable line protocol standard that the modem uses to communicate with Time Warner's equipment, not the specific brand/model. It's in the same boat as other protocols like Ethernet, 802.11g, etc...it is implemented by a variety of manufacturers and devices that are all interoperable.

A quick search on your model # turned up a [URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ubee-DOCSIS-3-0-Wireless-Cable-Modem-Model-DDW3611-/281068548049?pt=PCC_Modems&hash=item4170fdafd1"]similar one[/URL] being sold on eBay--it is in fact DOCSIS 3.0 compliant.

Incidentally, I see that this model has built-in wireless router capabilities (that's why it's bigger than the old one)...I'm assuming the Time Warner people set it up in "bridge mode", which means its own internal router function is disabled, since you've already got the Belkin router you're using for that. (That's good that they set it up like this, otherwise it would have made the port forwarding settings we put into the Belkin for all the server stuff we're running completely useless. :smile:) If we wanted to at some point, we could completely drop the Belkin and use the Ubee for everything--it's probably got an 802.11n wireless radio in it, which means your wireless connection would become a bit faster and get better range (if, of course, your laptop supports 802.11n, which it probably doesn't given it's a few years old). Not that we want to mess with any of that now, but it does mean that we have options in case the Belkin ever dies.

gd_barnes 2013-02-25 06:33

As I recall, the guy said that the modem had a built in router but that it wasn't very good. So having an "external" router going forward at this point is the way to go.

MyDogBuster 2013-02-26 19:37

Looks like we are down again.

gd_barnes 2013-02-26 20:42

We are having serious power issues here. My machines have shut down 4 times this morning and afternoon and I can't keep them going. It might be something related to the storm that we're having, although it isn't nearly as bad as the one that we had last week.

On the bright side, my internect connections have been perfect.

Dubslow 2013-02-26 20:51

[QUOTE=gd_barnes;331141]We are having serious power issues here. My machines have shut down 4 times this morning and afternoon and I can't keep them going. It might be something related to the storm that we're having, although it isn't nearly as bad as the one that we had last week.

On the bright side, my internet connections have been perfect.[/QUOTE]

:davieddy: :missingteeth: :lol: :rolleyes:

gd_barnes 2013-02-26 20:54

The server machine is now officially down and won't turn on. My guess is that it's the power supply. I'll be looking at it over the next few hours.

chalsall 2013-02-26 20:59

[QUOTE=gd_barnes;331141]We are having serious power issues here. My machines have shut down 4 times this morning and afternoon and I can't keep them going. It might be something related to the storm that we're having, although it isn't nearly as bad as the one that we had last week.[/QUOTE]

Have you considered outsourcing?

For some situations I actually find it less expensive to rent a virtual machine than it would cost me in electricity, let alone capital costs.

gd_barnes 2013-02-26 23:11

It's not the power supply so it's a more serious issue. It's now either the motherboard or CPU. This will probably take a while.

Ref: Outsourcing. I spend about $15/month/machine in electricity and less than that in upgrades and repair. I doubt that outsourcing can touch that, especially for only one machine, which is all that I'd be willing to outsource. The main justification would be for reliability but I'm not willing to spend the extra money at this point since I'm already spending about $180-200/month in electricity plus upgrades/repair on 11-12 machines.

chalsall 2013-02-26 23:27

[QUOTE=gd_barnes;331160]Ref: Outsourcing. I spend about $15/month/machine in electricity and less than that in upgrades and repair. I doubt that outsourcing can touch that, especially for only one machine, which is all that I'd be willing to outsource.[/QUOTE]

You'd be wrong...

[URL="http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html"]Try this handy calculator to see...[/URL]

For public-facing "machines", outsourcing makes a lot of sense. Far more than a home's ADSL or Cable Modem in front of a machine without UPS backup....

gd_barnes 2013-02-27 00:18

[QUOTE=chalsall;331161]You'd be wrong...

[URL="http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html"]Try this handy calculator to see...[/URL]

For public-facing "machines", outsourcing makes a lot of sense. Far more than a home's ADSL or Cable Modem in front of a machine without UPS backup....[/QUOTE]

It's a little more...$30-40/month for running 3-4 instances but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. For a server machine, there would have to be an allowance for a dedicated IP and many GBs of transfer in-and-out per month. I'm not sure how that would calculate out. I didn't take any of that into account. The server machine gets a LOT of traffic!

Edit: I had a UPS backup that I thought was good and that I spent over $250 for. It only kept the server up for 20-30 mins. and then quit working after a couple of years. It turned out to be a piece of junk.

gd_barnes 2013-02-27 00:21

The server is back up. All of the stores are closed here today so I swapped hard drives with one of my good Intel machines. I'm going to have to have a tech look at it. One known-good power supply and power chord did not work and I can't see any physical damage on the mobo.

chalsall 2013-02-27 00:28

[QUOTE=gd_barnes;331166]It's a little more...$30-40/month for running 3-4 instances but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. For a server machine, there would have to be an allowance for a dedicated IP and many GBs of transfer in-and-out per month. I'm not sure how that would calculate out. I didn't take any of that into account. The server machine gets a LOT of traffic![/QUOTE]

Every instance get's a dedicated "Elastic IP" for free while it's running.

Please define "a LOT of traffic".

AMDave 2013-02-27 00:54

[QUOTE=chalsall;331161]You'd be wrong...

For public-facing "machines", outsourcing makes a lot of sense. Far more than a home's ADSL or Cable Modem in front of a machine without UPS backup....[/QUOTE]

Nope. He'd be right.
Current bare-minimum requirement would be M1 Medium, 100% util, plus I/O, comes to close to $100 per month (excluding the CPU intensive processes that the server currently does in addition to port management and stats)
I suspect you underestimate how much work this machine actually does.

For kicks, I punched in some other requirements, split the db from the web server, requested dedicated CPU and a couple of other details and quickly passed $8000.00 per month. Not attractive when I can buy a machine and put it in a datacenter for 1 twelfth of the cost.

ed- it appears you are quoting pricing above for on-demand 'micro' instances. they are nice for little websites with little databases. They don't cut-it for this workload, storage volume or I/O. But thanks for making me check again:)

chalsall 2013-02-27 01:00

[QUOTE=AMDave;331172]I punched in some other requirements, split the db from the web server, requested dedicated CPU and a couple of other details and quickly passed $8000.00 per month. Not attractive when I can buy a machine and put it in a datacenter for 1 twelfth of the cost.[/QUOTE]

Here's a well known trick... Bid a little over the "spot" price for your instances....

chalsall 2013-02-27 01:05

[QUOTE=AMDave;331172]I suspect you underestimate how much work this machine actually does.[/QUOTE]

Possible.

I design "public facing" machines to be light-weight and disposable.

Apparently this is not the design in this case.

AMDave 2013-02-27 01:25

[QUOTE=chalsall;331173]Here's a well known trick... Bid a little over the "spot" price for your instances....[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I'll try that.

some other info re design:
15 databases (2 tables > 32 million rows)
102GB active files (additional on archive)
14 websites including file upload and download folders
plus a handy desktop for Gary when in need

Could it be done better?
yes. but relocating the port servers and stats database would not significantly change Gary's CPU or I/O demand. So while a machine is available it makes sense to maximise the use of the available resource.

gd_barnes 2013-02-27 02:00

Wow, thanks Dave. I knew that machine did a lot but didn't know that it would cost that much to outsource it. Chalsall did have me thinking a little. It is such a hassle when there is a problem with the machine and I'm out of town for about a week every month and so can't quickly bring it back up if it goes down. It would be nice to avoid all of that.

I might have to do a little outsourcing during rallies in the future. :smile:

AMDave 2013-02-27 02:32

It has got me thinking.
I will explore some tweaks and see what options there are to introduce a mirror for temporary fail-over on my server (where FDCPS currently lives: [url]http://fdcps.no-ip.org/[/url] )
If I can keep the incrementals small it may be doable more frequently than the full offsite backups that I'm doing fortnightly-ish, and I'd need to change a few things to expose the websites and ports etc.
That ought to keep me busy for at least several hours ;)
I'll get back to you.

AMDave 2013-02-27 08:39

emails, website & stats databases working at [url]http://nplb.no-ip.org/[/url]
as at date of last full offsite backup - 04 Feb 13 for the moment

during a fail-over we'd switch the main DNS name to point this server so no-one would have to change the server hostname or IP in their clients.
so the web address shown here is mostly for my use only

making progress but lots more to do:
run and test port servers
synch the 2 servers
then savour a nice cold beer and consider the timezone differences :smile:

ed- if you think your server is doing a lot you don't want to know how much this one is already doing. ha ha ha. I'll shift some processes onto another one.

gd_barnes 2013-03-01 05:58

The server will be down for 15-20 mins. while I swap the hard drive back to the original machine.

I had to replace both the mobo and a cooling fan on the original server machine.

gd_barnes 2013-03-01 07:39

I am having tremendous difficulty with the switch. Something is wrong with my internet again. I'm working as hard as I can to figure out what is going on.

gd_barnes 2013-03-01 08:47

Everything is good now and has been for the last hour. :-)

MyDogBuster 2013-03-01 09:21

[QUOTE]Everything is good now and has been for the last hour. :-) [/QUOTE]

I bet you won't forget this adventure for a while.

I used to call it "hell in a hand basket mode".:bump2:

AMDave 2013-03-15 00:11

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-03-14. (4.4GB)

MyDogBuster 2013-03-27 14:31

I think the servers are down again.

gd_barnes 2013-03-27 19:25

Damn machine does not seem to be working again. Power supply is good, fan is good, internet is good. My guess is another blown mobo. I wish I knew what the deal was that keeps causing this.

I just got back from a trip and am very busy. It may be a day before I get it fixed. I'll report here when it is.

MyDogBuster 2013-03-27 21:15

Any condensation in the area of the desktop?

gd_barnes 2013-03-28 00:40

[QUOTE=MyDogBuster;335136]Any condensation in the area of the desktop?[/QUOTE]

No and the room stayed very cool while I was gone. I'm guessing that they sold me a bad mobo. I should be able to get another for free.

I can sometimes get the machine to come on and even got the servers going for a couple of minutes before the machine turned itself back off. Whenever I've had that symptom on another machine, it's always been the mobo. That's all that it really can be at this point. The power supply works, the fan works, when the computer does boot up for a few minutes, I see that all of the files are there and that the internet works so that rules out a bad processor, hard drive, or memory.

MyDogBuster 2013-03-28 01:30

I just had those symptom's on a machine recently and it turned out to be bad memory. Replaced all the sticks and machine booted and is now running fine.

You are right though, your mobo s/b still under warranty.

gd_barnes 2013-03-29 00:07

Everything is running now. It turned out to be the power supply. I've never had a power supply go out and still have the hard drive spinning, the fan funning, and the lights blinking. The guy at the shop told me that it likely had gone "partially" bad and wasn't providing enough power. Good gawd, I've now replaced the mobo, fan, and power supply within a month on this one machine. I sure have had a hard time with power supplies.

AMDave 2013-03-29 02:43

Good job, Gary.

I recall some chit-chat about power supplies some time back. maybe in this thread. After I started throwing in a few extra buck to get the better ones my PSU problems went away.

Another prominent DC-er has convinced me to buy at least 80+ Silver rated PSUs from now on. The small price difference is worth it. This is all the more relevant for those of us running GPGPUs.

Follow up. I hit a snag in testing with the incremental updates.
Now the server is running again I'll pull down another full backup set tonight/tomorrow & give it another whirl.

henryzz 2013-03-29 03:45

I imagine one of the power streams(can't remember the proper name) had gone a bit wonky. The others provided everything that was still working.

AMDave 2013-04-04 14:20

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-03-29. (4.4GB)
(I did actually do this on 30th but forgot to post due to some forgotten distraction - Ooh! Shiny! ... :P )

AMDave 2013-05-04 06:35

NPLB server appears to have gone off-line a few minutes ago.
Investigating...

edit -
it's not a domain/DNS issue this time. I have 2 paths to the server and both are out.
so it is either an isp issue or something local at Gary's end.
If it's the ISP then the server will come back automatically as soon as the connection is open. (I'm hoping for this one)
If it's something else local, Gary will be back in 4 more days.
Nothing I can do for the moment as I can't reach his network.
Sorry.
-edit

gd_barnes 2013-05-09 07:24

Everything is back up. It was a power outage while I was out of town. Sorry about that.

AMDave 2013-05-09 09:08

Welcome back! We missed you. [footnote 1]

NPLB Stats - release#99:
- fixed a sorting bug on the Top Participants page.

[CODE]release.to.nplb:
Connecting to noprimeleftbehind.net
cmd : build
U participant_stats
Checked out revision 99.
*** Release completed ***
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 26 seconds[/CODE]

I hope everyone is enjoying the newer menu. It gave us more page width for displaying the page content. The pages are now fully 'responsive' and I am liking the display on our mobile devices. There's a bug with the pie chart re-draw which I hope to fix soon.

I will draw down a fresh full backup soon.
[footnote 1]
bows and arrows can be so ineffective! j/k :P :big grin:

AMDave 2013-05-11 23:11

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-05-11. (4.4GB)

AMDave 2013-05-30 08:44

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-05-22. (4.4GB)

AMDave 2013-06-10 13:43

NPLB Stats - release#146:

* improved sorting, paging and filtering on web page stats tables, (not including project status page which is highly customized)

* improved display on tablets and mobile devices

* slightly reduced web query load on server

known issues:
Prime List page slow to load in browser - solution identified, fix planned
Dashboard pie charts not showing correctly on tablets & mobile devices - solution identified, fix planned

AMDave 2013-06-11 20:22

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-06-11. (4.4GB)

AMDave 2013-06-22 01:33

NPLB Stats - release#180:

* fixed Dashboard pie charts not showing correctly on tablets & mobile devices

known issues:

AMDave 2013-06-24 08:58

NPLB Stats - release#192:

* added Top5000 min digits fact to stats database
* added script to fetch Top5000 min digits fact
* added script to update Top5000 min digits fact in the stats database
* scheduled Top5000 min digits fact to update every 24 hours
* added Top5000 min digits value to Prime List page description
* added Top5000 indicator column to Prime List data grid

Now you can see if your Prime! is big enough for the Top5000 database.

known issues:

AMDave 2013-06-27 20:20

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-06-26. (4.5GB)

Mini-Geek 2013-06-29 13:42

My PRPnet clients are pointed at nplb-gb1.no-ip.org. This no longer resolves. Has it been shut off? Should we use noprimeleftbehind.net instead?

AMDave 2013-06-30 01:16

Yes, you should normally use [url]www.noprimeleftbehind.net[/url] (with the www at the front)

the no-ip address is the secondary address.
I am investigating why the secondary DNS has failed.

AMDave 2013-06-30 01:52

It's a no-ip 'timeout'. They suspend your DNS addresses if you don't log in to the admin interface after a while.

Non-Enhanced level members get an email message from them saying "Free Dynamic DNS hosts must be updated by logging into your account on our website and clicking update, this must be done every 30 days. If you are using the Dynamic Update Client and your IP address has not changed within the past 30 days, you must manually update it to prevent them from being removed from our system."

more info at [url]http://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/why-is-my-host-not-updating-or-why-is-it-pending-deletion/[/url]

Gary needs to log into his no-ip account to re-validate the address and manually update the IP. After that it will be ok.

I don't have access to that account to fix it myself.

In the mean time, the address is still registered to his account, but is in suspended mode and the dynamic ip updater is still running on the server.
edit - I added a reminder in my calendar for this.
edit - sent email to Gary

AMDave 2013-07-01 02:39

Gary has fixed it. Issue resolved. :smile:

AMDave 2013-07-02 12:19

NPLB port maintenance advice:

Probability is that one or two of you might have been un/lucky enough to spot a pair-fetch error in the last 30 minutes.

The response times for a few of the prpnet ports was getting into Limbo-contest territory again so I have performed the auto-magic incantation to re-optimize them all. This is an intensive process that can cause a pair-fetch time-out while it's running and moons to orbit backwards and leaves a funny smell, like sulphur of potash, wafting in the air.

Fortunately this doesn't need to be done very often and only affects each port in turn, and my nose-hairs, for a minute or two.

So your prpnet clients should be pair-fetching as fast as ever again.
No excuses! :smile:

AMDave

AMDave 2013-07-07 09:12

[QUOTE=AMDave;331220]emails, website & stats databases working at [url]http://nplb.no-ip.org/[/url]
as at date of last full offsite backup - 04 Feb 13 for the moment

during a fail-over we'd switch the main DNS name to point this server so no-one would have to change the server hostname or IP in their clients.
so the web address shown here is mostly for my use only

making progress but lots more to do:
run and test port servers
synch the 2 servers
then savour a nice cold beer and consider the timezone differences :smile:

ed- if you think your server is doing a lot you don't want to know how much this one is already doing. ha ha ha. I'll shift some processes onto another one.[/QUOTE]

NPLB DR server - follow-up:

The DR site now matches the main site without any manual intervention, just the sync - [url]http://nplb.no-ip.org/stats/[/url]

The file-sync is working better now after some attention.
Files sync'ed to 2013-07-07 as a result of re-testing the sync process today.
(much much faster than full backup offsite copy)

Since the live database is updated from the result files and the files are already available on the DR server after a sync, the offsite backup of the NPLB stats database no longer needs to be drawn down. (although the port databases will be)

I have not scheduled the sync yet as there's still more steps to complete and test, so the DR stats database will lag behind a bit until the remaining steps are completed. After that the DR server will soon create it's own backups and the mirror process will be complete.

AMDave 2013-07-07 10:23

NPLB DR database now sync'd to 2013-07-07 00:01:00

lessons learned:
there are 3 technical issues with the sync process that need to be knocked out & retested, after that it can be automated.
In next couple of weekends hopefully.

AMDave 2013-07-15 14:10

NPLB DR server sync'd to 2013-07-15 00:01:00

AMDave 2013-07-22 11:40

NPLB DR server synchronisation needs a lot more work, so in the mean time:
Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-07-21. (4.5GB)

AMDave 2013-08-03 08:47

heads up.
nplb-gb1.no-ip.org is 404 again.

REMINDER - if your LLRnet or PRPnet clients are affected by this, you should be using [url]www.noprimeleftbehind.net[/url]

AMDave 2013-08-07 10:04

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-08-06. (4.5GB)

AMDave 2013-08-14 09:09

[QUOTE=AMDave;348092]heads up.
nplb-gb1.no-ip.org is 404 again.

REMINDER - if your LLRnet or PRPnet clients are affected by this, you should be using [url]www.noprimeleftbehind.net[/url][/QUOTE]

I have conferred with Gary.
Decision made - [url]http://nplb-gb1.no-ip.org/[/url] will not be renewed.

Since the DNS update for [url]www.noprimeleftbehind.net[/url] has been fixed and has been more reliable, it will be the only address moving forward.

AMDave 2013-08-24 04:30

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-08-23. (4.5GB)

AMDave 2013-09-01 14:36

server appears to be unavailable for me at the moment :(

mdettweiler 2013-09-02 00:46

[QUOTE=AMDave;351565]server appears to be unavailable for me at the moment :([/QUOTE]
Still down on this end too - looks like it's going to be an extended outage if Gary's not home.

Well, it looks like my PrimeGrid stats are going to get a boost for a few days... :smile:

MyDogBuster 2013-09-02 10:47

Looks down to me also. Switching to manual

gd_barnes 2013-09-03 05:30

Well crap. I won't be home until at least Thursday morning. I'll let everyone know when things are back up. Sorry.

gd_barnes 2013-09-05 10:46

Stupid power outage. All of the servers and pages are back up. Sorry about the problems.

AMDave 2013-09-05 23:46

off again?

gd_barnes 2013-09-06 00:46

[QUOTE=AMDave;352091]off again?[/QUOTE]

no

AMDave 2013-09-06 04:32

re-confirmed working from here.
Must have been a glitch in the ether. :smile:

AMDave 2013-09-08 20:23

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-09-07. (4.6GB)

TheMawn 2013-09-19 01:51

The Manual Results submission pages is not working for me. 7:49 PM GMT-6:00.

The page hangs and hangs and eventually stops "thinking" but still stays blank. Using the textbox or a .txt submission.

AMDave 2013-09-19 03:58

Can you paste the URL here please?

TheMawn 2013-09-20 00:02

Hmm well I posted today's and yesterdays, and had no problems whatsoever. Just a random bad time for the server is my guess. One was via a .txt which I had made to try out the .txt submission instead, and the other was using the text box.

I saw on the "official" problems page that someone a few days ago was getting a hanging page whenever they had a positive result, and I myself got a bunch of not needed errors for all my stuff, EXCEPT the one factor that was found. Obviously the factor had not been processed but all the no factors had.

gd_barnes 2013-09-20 00:32

[QUOTE=TheMawn;353506]Hmm well I posted today's and yesterdays, and had no problems whatsoever. Just a random bad time for the server is my guess. One was via a .txt which I had made to try out the .txt submission instead, and the other was using the text box.

I saw on the "official" problems page that someone a few days ago was getting a hanging page whenever they had a positive result, and I myself got a bunch of not needed errors for all my stuff, EXCEPT the one factor that was found. Obviously the factor had not been processed but all the no factors had.[/QUOTE]

We don't accept "factors" here at NPLB...only residues from completed primality tests. Are you posting this in the correct forum?

TheMawn 2013-09-20 22:46

Bah ha ha ha haaa no I am not. My apologies to the confused.

AMDave 2013-09-22 20:24

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-09-22. (4.6GB)

AMDave 2013-10-06 04:46

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-10-04. (4.6GB)

AMDave 2013-10-06 10:02

DR recovery test completed successfully from backups up to:
"Last update: 2013-10-04 03:12:43"
[url]http://nplb.no-ip.org/stats/index.php?content=port[/url]

AMDave 2013-10-26 10:16

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-10-25. (4.6GB)

AMDave 2013-11-04 08:32

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-11-03. (4.7GB)

DR server OS & services upgraded to Oct 2013 release versions.
Data processing & website confirmed working correctly after release changes.

Mini-Geek 2013-11-07 12:22

[url]http://noprimeleftbehind.net/[/url] is down as of ~2:30 AM CST.

AMDave 2013-11-07 12:57

confirmed.
Gary must have gone out for dinner again.
Those servers of his are such jealous 'b!tches' :smile:

gd_barnes 2013-11-08 03:52

Blast. I'm out of town for at least another week. I'll see what I can have someone do.

AMDave 2013-11-09 07:54

I have restored access & fixed it - for the time being.

The IP address had changed but I managed to track it down (you wouldn't believe how).
I have fixed the DNS allocation.
I'll investigate why it didn't update automatically- hopefully before it happens again.

Cheers

AMDave

AMDave 2013-11-09 09:09

RESOLVED - nplbstats will now update the DNS provider with the server details every hour, at the start of the hourly stats refresh.

AMDave 2013-11-16 01:29

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-11-14. (4.7GB)

AMDave 2013-11-30 22:13

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-11-30. (4.7GB)

AMDave 2013-12-09 09:29

I have upgraded the NPLB menu to a responsive design for PC, tablets, phablets and mobiles.
Poor navigation on the mobile was frustrating me, so it might have been frustrating others.
Now that the menu is working better, improved page layouts will follow.

AMDave 2013-12-15 08:03

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2013-12-14. (4.7GB)

AMDave 2014-01-09 12:17

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2014-01-08. (4.7GB)

AMDave 2014-01-23 19:54

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2014-01-22. (4.7GB)

AMDave 2014-02-09 20:05

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2014-02-09. (4.8GB)

AMDave 2014-02-22 04:25

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2014-02-17. (4.8GB)
All databases re-optimized.

AMDave 2014-03-15 08:40

Complete backup set offsite download completed for 2014-03-15. (4.8GB)