mersenneforum.org

mersenneforum.org (https://www.mersenneforum.org/index.php)
-   Aliquot Sequences (https://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Archived reservation posts (https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=14330)

Batalov 2009-10-03 07:52

[quote=10metreh;165249]I (10metreh) will usually† do a complete update at the weekend¶, and I will also try to check for reservations and add them to the table every day I read the forum.[/quote]
Well, now you probably know how easy it is to criticise and nitpick, but where are the :censored:ing updates, man? huh?
how many weeks was it now without an update?
someone had to say it. not if I cared anyway. carry on the good work, man.

Andi47 2009-10-03 08:29

[QUOTE=Batalov;191767]Well, now you probably know how easy it is to criticise and nitpick, but where are the :censored:ing updates, man? huh?
how many weeks was it now without an update?
someone had to say it. not if I cared anyway. carry on the good work, man.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm....

[quote]Last fiddled with by 10metreh on 03 Oct 09 at 09:16 AM Reason: updating [/quote]

was this really for updating? at least not for 10212 - this one is at i=2204 since ~a week. (the next iteration should come today, since my GNFS-113 (currently running on my P4 which is not running 24/7) has almost finished sieving.)

10metreh 2009-10-03 10:20

Sorry guys, I've been a bit busy recently. I'll see if I can fit in an update later today or tomorrow. I haven't updated it fully since August... :sad: :sorry:

And the "updating" message just means that I've stuck in a new reservation or got rid of one that has been released. The edit summary I use for a full update is normally something like "Full update".

Mini-Geek 2009-10-03 10:21

From glancing at the reasons on the edit log, the last full update was 22 Aug 09 03:09 AM (GMT-5). The rest have been the minor updates, like keeping reservations and releases current. (e.g. that most recent one by 10metreh was removing Gary's latest release: 283752)
I'll get started on a full update now. :smile:
Edit: :censored::censored::rant::rant:
I just accidentally closed my browser partway through. (I was holding Shift to rotate backwards through the tabs, then hit Ctrl+(Shift)+W instead of Ctrl+(Shift)+Tab, which closes the browser :sad:; I was around 220k, more than halfway done) Now I have to start all over. This time I'll be sure to make it so that won't happen.
By the way, if you read this gd_barnes, are you still intending to work on all of the sequences you have reserved? I've noticed that many of yours haven't been extended since the last update. Maybe some were just confused in the mix of you reserving/releasing a ton of sequences a while ago...
Edit 2: Batalov too. Are you intending to work on all the sequences you have reserved? I don't mean to be pushy to either of you or impose some sort of "expiration time", just making sure there's no problem here.
Edit 3: Done! 555590 was listed as reserved by unconnected, but it actually terminates after just a few lines. The number must be wrong. Anyone know what it should be?

10metreh 2009-10-03 17:26

[QUOTE=Mini-Geek;191777]Edit 3: Done! 555590 was listed as reserved by unconnected, but it actually terminates after just a few lines. The number must be wrong. Anyone know what it should be?[/QUOTE]

unconnected 2009-10-03 18:13

842592 is also reservid by me.

BigBrother 2009-10-04 06:13

[QUOTE=BigBrother;191764]I'll take 12408 a bit further.[/QUOTE]

This one isn't on the list

gd_barnes 2009-10-05 03:34

[quote=Mini-Geek;191777]
By the way, if you read this gd_barnes, are you still intending to work on all of the sequences you have reserved? I've noticed that many of yours haven't been extended since the last update. Maybe some were just confused in the mix of you reserving/releasing a ton of sequences a while ago...[/quote]

I keep a detailed spreadsheet of all of my reservations and I match it up from time to time with the 1st post here. When I do that, sometimes you'll see a posting from me that shows "this or that" was missed. Personally I haven't noticed that things have gotten behind here. I last checked a few days ago. All of the reservations were here but there were just 2 that had not been released. That has subsequently been corrected. I just now checked again and my spreadsheet of 18 reservations matches exactly what is in the 1st post here.

Some are over 2 months old but I promise I'll get to them sometime in Oct. All of my older ones are < 200K, are at > 100 digits, and none have an interesting guide or driver so they all should be fairly low priority. I've done all of the more interesting ones except some of the extremely long sequences >200K that I'm working on at this very moment.

If anyone wants any of mine that are < 100K and show on Karsten's pages as being over 2 months old, let me know and you can have them. All the ones I have > 200K are the very long ones that I'm currently working on. 39870 is the exception. I reserved it more recently and my machine is currently running it at i=4324, an advance of 70 indexes so far.

Gary

Mini-Geek 2009-10-05 16:26

[quote=gd_barnes;191891]...

Gary[/quote]
Alright, thanks, just checking. :smile:
How about you, Batalov?

Batalov 2009-10-06 03:31

[quote=Mini-Geek;191777]I don't mean to be pushy... twice.[/quote]
It's OK, but remember that you are herding cats, not sheep. This is not a job and nobody is stamping timesheets here. ...except moderators, because they asked for it! :big grin:

"I've done some cleaning", said <put your favorite bank here> dumping some toxic waste into a public fund.

gd_barnes 2009-10-08 09:44

Reserving 244140 from unconnected's recent releases.